Wedding trends have evolved over the years and we have seen a continual shift away from the traditional and conservative approach for weddings from the past.
Today, young couples have taken a casual and laid back approach to their weddings, opting out of the stuffy environment of a banquet hall and classic white gowns.
In the past, people were more likely adhere to the rules but today, weddings have become a way for the couple to express their individuality through their dress and decor. Couples are choosing to get married in unexpected wedding venues like rustic ranches, estates, museums and castles. Since there has been a significant shift in the venues, the dress and decor has evolved to suit these non-traditional settings. Here are the top 5 wedding trends for 2015:
• Off the shoulder: This look has been seen everywhere on the runways this spring and has made its way into bridal fashion. This style of gown is considered to be romantic and timeless with a British influence from Royals William and Kate and television’s Downton Abbey.
• Unconventional colours: Say goodbye to the traditional white wedding gown because the old white has been replaced with soft blues, greys, pinks and even mint. Unconventional colours are popular for bridesmaids with the use of intentionally mismatched gowns.
• Tulle skirts: A Cinderella-inspired look with light and airy overlays and fluffy over the top layering of tulle is popular in street fashion and for wedding gowns in 2015. This Stella York gown from Blush Bridal Boutique is an example of the over the top tulle skirt trend with a long train.
• 1930s old Hollywood glam: As an alternative silhouette to the over sized tulle skirt, many brides are opting for the slim silhouette inspired by 1930s old Hollywood glamour. The fabrics are delicate and draped with a quiet elegance to them.
• Boho chic: This style is perfect for a laid back summer bride who wants an outdoor wedding on a ranch or a beach. This look is inspired by the ever-so-popular music festival Coachella and 1970s fashion that is everywhere right now. For the bohemian look, many brides are wearing separates like a peekaboo lace crop top combined with a tulle skirt. To complete the bohemian-inspired look you just need a flower crown for your hair and a rustic wildflower bouquet.
Dress: Stella York $1400
Blush Bridal Boutique
Photography: Jesse Holland
Flowers: Rook & Rose
Floral Design Boutique
Hair Design: Amanda Adamec
Studio 2 Hair Design
Makeup: Hollie Brown
Prive Beauty Lounge
If you have any fashion questions email me at email@example.com.