SIDNEY — The Spring Arts Festival will be coming up later this month with lots to see and do. More information on times will be finalized in coming days by members of the Community Arts Council of the Saanich Peninsula (CACSP).
Here’s a preliminary schedule of events during the Festival.
• May 24 to June 3: First Nations carvers Sean Whonnock and Doug Lafortune at work at the Mary Winspear Centre
• May 25: 6 p.m. Sidney Band Shell: Big Band Bash – a fundraiser for music in the schools, featuring music by prize-winning school bands and the Commodores.
• May 26 – 28: Art Exhibition at Tulista Gallery, featuring works and artists from Sidney’s sister city, Anacortes, Washington State.
• May 29: Swing Into Spring with the Sidney Concert Band at the Mary Winspear Centre, at 2 p.m.
• May 30 – June 3: Schools Art Week at the Tulista Gallery, with displays and students at work on various days.
• June 4 and 5: Spring Art Studio Tour, at various studios, the Tulista Gallery and the McTavish Art Centre.
• June 5: She’s Like The Swallow (Songs of Love for People and Places) – a charity concert at St. Paul’s United Church, 2410 Malaview Ave., Sidney, starting at 2:30 p.m.
For more details as they become available, watch cacsp.com.
— contributed by Danny Daniels